Graduation Support Program
The Dean of Students (DOS) Graduation Support Program provides financial assistance for graduation apparel and materials to students experiencing a financial hardship and unable to afford to participate in graduation ceremonies at the University of Iowa. The program will provide funding for eligible students – undergraduate, graduate, and professional – for the costs of graduation apparel and materials through the Iowa Hawk Shop.
Eligible graduate and professional students choosing to rent their graduation apparel through the UI Herff Jones site will also be able to apply for the cost of the grad package apparel rental fee. Students wanting to purchase their gowns through the UI Herff Jones page are also eligible to apply for funds up to the total amount of the purchase had it been made through the Iowa Hawk Shop.*
Eligibility for the fund
- need to be currently enrolled at the University of Iowa and approved for graduation in the current semester
- must have a financial hardship preventing them from purchasing and participating in graduation ceremonies
- must be able to demonstrate their current financial need
- must fully complete the application and all questions set forth
Apply for the fund
Students can apply for the DOS Graduation Support Program by submitting an application via this form.
Please contact the Office of the Dean of Students at 319-335-1162 or firstname.lastname@example.org regarding any questions or to find out more about the application process.
* Please note that Graduate College students are expected to use Herff Jones for rentals or purchasing of graduation apparel. The Graduation Support Program will still apply either reimbursing the rental fees or up to the total amount of the purchase had it been made through the Iowa Hawk Shop.