Angie Reams, Ph.D.
I provide oversight, guidance, and work directly to support the student experience in the following areas:
- Fraternity and Sorority Life Programs
- Iowa Hawk Shop
- Iowa House Hotel
- Iowa Memorial Union
- Leadership, Service, and Civic Engagement
- Student Accountability
- Student Care & Assistance
- Student Engagement and Campus Programs
- Student Legal Services
- Student Wellness
- Wellbeing and Basic Needs
- DOS Student Advisory Board
- Early Intervention Team
- Threat Assessment Team
- University of Iowa Student Government (USG)
- Graduate & Professional Student Government (GPSG)
The Office of the Dean of Students values and welcomes all students. Our office is a campus leader and partner in creating meaningful learning experiences and supporting positive and inclusive communities of students and scholars. We are here to provide assistance, advocacy, and support. We will provide guidance when you struggle and help you celebrate your successes.
My role -- and those I work with -- is to assist and support students in their success at Iowa. The Dean of Students team shapes the student experience and supports student success in a variety of ways including assisting with navigating a new environment, getting involved in activities and organizations, supporting social justice change, and determining options for addressing challenges. Encouraging and supporting responsible behaviors, healthy environments, and academic success is foundational for the Dean of Students and its units. I encourage you to take advantage of all that the University of Iowa has to offer academically and socially. Get engaged on campus in one of the many student organizations, serve on or off campus, and stretch yourself to experience new opportunities, people, and spaces. As a Hawkeye, make the IOWA Challenge your mission – excel, stretch, engage, choose and serve!
I truly hope that you will benefit from all the University of Iowa has to offer – your academic program of study, student organizations, multicultural experiences, employment opportunities, and the many arts and athletic events that are offered on our campus. We are here for you and support your success.
- Associate Dean of Students
- Assistant Dean of Students
- Director, Student Care & Assistance
- Assistant to the Dean for Student Care Initiatives
- Substance Abuse Prevention Coordinator, Health Iowa
- Director, Student Services Campus and Community Relations
- Coordinator, The Stepping Up Project